Businesses encouraged to sign up for national event
English tourism week will offer the area a chance to promote businesses in the region.
NORTH Devon businesses are being encouraged to participate in English Tourism Week, which runs from March 10 to March 18.
The week is designed to promote the tourist facilities England has to offer and Torridge and West Devon MP Geoffrey Cox is urging local businesses to get on board.
Mr Cox said: “The tourist industry is of fundamental significance to us here in Torridge & West Devon.
“The majority of our income is made through our pubs, lands and local attractions, as well as our farm shops which support another Devon staple – the farm.
You may also want to watch:
“All of these are truly valuable resources in our small towns and villages and vitally important to Devon’s economy.”
The week will offer local businesses a chance to hold events and promote tourism ahead of the Diamond Jubilee and Olympics this year.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
Mr Cox added: “The industry offers jobs to many of our residents, provides investment to our businesses and brings pleasure to visitors who get to take in some of the great features of the Devon countryside and all it has to offer.
“I for one take every opportunity to visit and engage with these great offerings, and I encourage as many residents and visitors to do so too.”