Businesses encouraged to sign up for national event
English tourism week will offer the area a chance to promote businesses in the region.
NORTH Devon businesses are being encouraged to participate in English Tourism Week, which runs from March 10 to March 18.
The week is designed to promote the tourist facilities England has to offer and Torridge and West Devon MP Geoffrey Cox is urging local businesses to get on board.
Mr Cox said: “The tourist industry is of fundamental significance to us here in Torridge & West Devon.
“The majority of our income is made through our pubs, lands and local attractions, as well as our farm shops which support another Devon staple – the farm.
“All of these are truly valuable resources in our small towns and villages and vitally important to Devon’s economy.”
The week will offer local businesses a chance to hold events and promote tourism ahead of the Diamond Jubilee and Olympics this year.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
Mr Cox added: “The industry offers jobs to many of our residents, provides investment to our businesses and brings pleasure to visitors who get to take in some of the great features of the Devon countryside and all it has to offer.
“I for one take every opportunity to visit and engage with these great offerings, and I encourage as many residents and visitors to do so too.”