Businesses bite at FLAG grants
Grants of up to �15k are available for food, hospitality and marine businesses in key fishing communities.
GRANTS of up to �15,000 are available to food, hospitality and marine businesses looking to strengthen the economy in key fishing communities.
The scheme offered by the Northern Devon Fisheries Local Action Group (FLAG) will focus on the areas of Ilfracombe, Appledore, Bideford and Clovelly.
North Devon MP Nick Harvey launched the scheme and said the programme was not just about fishing.
“The FLAG strategy identified the need to improve the supply of locally landed fish into our local food sector, to develop new tourism activities linked to fish and fishing heritage as well as to strengthen the existing fishing related businesses.
You may also want to watch:
“I welcome this targeted support for key business sectors in North Devon and Torridge, which will celebrate and boost the economic contribution of fish and fishing to the area.”
FLAG programme manager Jenny Carey-Wood added: “FLAG grants could help local businesses to explore a new opportunity, product or service that builds on seafood or fishing to develop the economy of our four priority communities or the wider Northern Devon area.”
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era
Grant conditions include: a trading address within North Devon and Torridge districts, match funding for the grant, a benefit to the local fisheries sector or communities and a clear business case.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ndflag.co.uk