Business showcase to mark Woman’s Day century
South Molton event will celebrate 100 years of women in business
A WOMEN’S business showcase event is being staged in South Molton to celebrate the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day.
The event is being held in the town’s Assembly Rooms from 10am to 3.30pm on Tuesday, March 8, and is open to businesswomen from all over North Devon.
It is being organised by the South Molton branch of the Women Do Business organisation and will offer a series of free business workshops, as well as the chance for local companies to put their own businesses on display, pick up useful advice and to network with other women.
Chairman, Rosemary Hallett said: “We are delighted to hold this event to mark the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day, which has done so much to help women fulfil their potential since the first Women’s Day in 1911.
You may also want to watch:
“This anniversary gives us the chance to celebrate the past and look ahead to the future with pride and enthusiasm.
“We will be building on the success of the Women’s Business Showcase held in South Molton in October to launch the Women’s Business Centre in the town.”
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
Stalls for members of the Women Do Business group are �15 each, and for non-members �25. For more information about the event, or for a booking form to reserve a stand, contact Rosemary Hallett on (01769) 572999 or Debbie Manners on (01598) 760598.