Business networking cruise on Lundy ferry
WEST Country Networking will be taking to the water this summer in a bid to help struggling businesses stay afloat during the recession.The business networking cruise on the Oldenburg Lundy ferry will set sail from the quay in Bideford on the evening of
WEST Country Networking will be taking to the water this summer in a bid to help struggling businesses stay afloat during the recession.
The business networking cruise on the Oldenburg Lundy ferry will set sail from the quay in Bideford on the evening of Monday, August 10.
West Country Networking wants to give local businesses an opportunity to showcase themselves at the event so preparations are under way to find a local catering company to supply the food and a live band to play on board.
West Country Networking member Ben Waymark who is helping to organise the event, said: "The cruise is set to be lots of fun and all the local businesses we've got involved so far are very excited.
You may also want to watch:
"We want to promote North Devon and all of the great small businesses it has to offer, and what better venue than the Oldenburg, a real North Devon treasure? We are hoping to attract lots of attention as it's such an innovative and fun idea.
"We are also intending to hold a balloon race, a raffle and raise money and awareness for local charities as well as helping to promote local businesses. Hopefully we'll have some good weather for the cruise, but everyone can fit inside comfortably if it's not."
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
The event will be taking place from 6pm. Tickets are �25 each and are available from www.westcountry-networking.com.
All profits from the event will be going to local Devon charities, which include: The Lundy Island Fund, The Bideford Bridge Trust Fund, North Devon Air Ambulance and North Devon ME Association.
Places are limited to 130 so early booking is strongly advisable. Companies interested in providing catering or music should contact Bertie on 01805 603 326.