Business networking cruise on Lundy ferry
WEST Country Networking will be taking to the water this summer in a bid to help struggling businesses stay afloat during the recession.The business networking cruise on the Oldenburg Lundy ferry will set sail from the quay in Bideford on the evening of
WEST Country Networking will be taking to the water this summer in a bid to help struggling businesses stay afloat during the recession.
The business networking cruise on the Oldenburg Lundy ferry will set sail from the quay in Bideford on the evening of Monday, August 10.
West Country Networking wants to give local businesses an opportunity to showcase themselves at the event so preparations are under way to find a local catering company to supply the food and a live band to play on board.
West Country Networking member Ben Waymark who is helping to organise the event, said: "The cruise is set to be lots of fun and all the local businesses we've got involved so far are very excited.
You may also want to watch:
"We want to promote North Devon and all of the great small businesses it has to offer, and what better venue than the Oldenburg, a real North Devon treasure? We are hoping to attract lots of attention as it's such an innovative and fun idea.
"We are also intending to hold a balloon race, a raffle and raise money and awareness for local charities as well as helping to promote local businesses. Hopefully we'll have some good weather for the cruise, but everyone can fit inside comfortably if it's not."
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
The event will be taking place from 6pm. Tickets are �25 each and are available from www.westcountry-networking.com.
All profits from the event will be going to local Devon charities, which include: The Lundy Island Fund, The Bideford Bridge Trust Fund, North Devon Air Ambulance and North Devon ME Association.
Places are limited to 130 so early booking is strongly advisable. Companies interested in providing catering or music should contact Bertie on 01805 603 326.