Business briefing for giant offshore wind farm
Local firms offered the chance to get involved with Atlantic Array project
NORTH Devon businesses are being invited to find out how they can get involved with the building of the proposed Atlantic Array offshore wind farm.
The free business briefing is being held in Barnstaple by RWE npower renewables in partnership with Regen South West on Wednesday, June 8.
Johnny Gowdy, Regen SW programme director, said the event at Petroc would feature a review of the wider business opportunities from the growth of offshore renewables in the UK.
“The engagement event is being held to get North Devon businesses involved in the supply and manufacturing chain for offshore wind farms,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a big industry with lots of competition but there are opportunities for local business to get involved now – not just with the Atlantic Array but with other offshore wind projects taking place around the country.”
Mr Gowdy said the briefing would also feature an update on the Atlantic Array project, scheduled to begin construction in 2015.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
The event takes place from 9am to 12.30pm. Businesses wanting to attend are asked to register their interest at www.regensw.co.uk