Business briefing for giant offshore wind farm
Local firms offered the chance to get involved with Atlantic Array project
NORTH Devon businesses are being invited to find out how they can get involved with the building of the proposed Atlantic Array offshore wind farm.
The free business briefing is being held in Barnstaple by RWE npower renewables in partnership with Regen South West on Wednesday, June 8.
Johnny Gowdy, Regen SW programme director, said the event at Petroc would feature a review of the wider business opportunities from the growth of offshore renewables in the UK.
“The engagement event is being held to get North Devon businesses involved in the supply and manufacturing chain for offshore wind farms,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a big industry with lots of competition but there are opportunities for local business to get involved now – not just with the Atlantic Array but with other offshore wind projects taking place around the country.”
Mr Gowdy said the briefing would also feature an update on the Atlantic Array project, scheduled to begin construction in 2015.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
The event takes place from 9am to 12.30pm. Businesses wanting to attend are asked to register their interest at www.regensw.co.uk