Business briefing for giant offshore wind farm
Local firms offered the chance to get involved with Atlantic Array project
NORTH Devon businesses are being invited to find out how they can get involved with the building of the proposed Atlantic Array offshore wind farm.
The free business briefing is being held in Barnstaple by RWE npower renewables in partnership with Regen South West on Wednesday, June 8.
Johnny Gowdy, Regen SW programme director, said the event at Petroc would feature a review of the wider business opportunities from the growth of offshore renewables in the UK.
“The engagement event is being held to get North Devon businesses involved in the supply and manufacturing chain for offshore wind farms,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a big industry with lots of competition but there are opportunities for local business to get involved now – not just with the Atlantic Array but with other offshore wind projects taking place around the country.”
Mr Gowdy said the briefing would also feature an update on the Atlantic Array project, scheduled to begin construction in 2015.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
The event takes place from 9am to 12.30pm. Businesses wanting to attend are asked to register their interest at www.regensw.co.uk