Business briefing for giant offshore wind farm
Local firms offered the chance to get involved with Atlantic Array project
NORTH Devon businesses are being invited to find out how they can get involved with the building of the proposed Atlantic Array offshore wind farm.
The free business briefing is being held in Barnstaple by RWE npower renewables in partnership with Regen South West on Wednesday, June 8.
Johnny Gowdy, Regen SW programme director, said the event at Petroc would feature a review of the wider business opportunities from the growth of offshore renewables in the UK.
“The engagement event is being held to get North Devon businesses involved in the supply and manufacturing chain for offshore wind farms,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a big industry with lots of competition but there are opportunities for local business to get involved now – not just with the Atlantic Array but with other offshore wind projects taking place around the country.”
Mr Gowdy said the briefing would also feature an update on the Atlantic Array project, scheduled to begin construction in 2015.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
The event takes place from 9am to 12.30pm. Businesses wanting to attend are asked to register their interest at www.regensw.co.uk