Barnstaple company helps package new Rattler cider
- Credit: Smurfit Kappa
When Cornwall’s largest independent cyder-maker decided in 2020 they wanted new packaging for their soon-to-be launched line of Still Rattler fruit cider - Flattler, they turned to Barnstaple’s Smurfit Kappa to provide a solution.
Healeys Cyder is one of the fastest-growing cider-makers in the UK and you will already find Rattler Cornish Cloudy Cyder and Cornish Gold available on draught and in bottles at pubs and venues up and down the country.
By introducing Bag-in-Box cider to their packaging options, Healeys Cyder can now offer Rattler Cyder in more settings and in a still format, complimenting their existing carbonated range.
The Bag-in-Box offers an efficient and ease of use with its ‘pull and pour’ format, ideal for use in pub gardens, BBQ’s and at events.
“We wanted our cyders to be as accessible as possible, which includes catering for a variety of pack formats and usage scenarios” Lee Maidment, Marketing Manager of Healeys Cyder.
You may also want to watch:
Smurfit Kappa Barnstaple have been delivering Bag-in-Box® packaging solutions for almost two decades and are committed in being the partner of choice for drinks companies.
Andrew Richards, Business Development Manager of Smurfit Kappa Barnstaple, was excited to present the different boxed cider options available which would meet Healeys Cyder’s requirement for their upcoming Flattler cider products.
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 6 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 7 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 8 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 9 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
The solution was Smurfit Kappa Barnstaple’s ‘envelope’ style Bag-in-Box® which is made from 300K/K double wall grade, printed full colour litho and quick to erect, saving time on the production line.
“We love our new Bag-in-Box® packaging from Smurfit Kappa Barnstaple,” said Lee.
“Rattler Cornish Cloudy Cyder is well-known for standing out in the cider industry, particularly when it comes to our use of vibrant colours across the Rattler brand, and I am pleased to say that the boxes for Flattler that Smurfit Kappa have delivered meet our very high standards!
“The box itself is quick and easy to assemble, and most importantly, the structure of the Bag-in-Box is strong and robust, which means none of our delicious cyder will go to waste through damages!”
Healeys Cyder, Flattler boxed still cider will be distributed to pubs and venues across the UK, and you can also purchase a range of their ciders, spirits, soft drinks and more via their website https://healeyscyder.co.uk/shop/