SIR - As an 84-year-old user of the buses, I was interested to read on page 5 of the Gazette (February 16) that there is a concessionary fares shortfall of �5.35m.
May I make two suggestions:
a) Charge us oldies �1 or 50p depending on the distance we travel each time we use a bus.
b) Review the usage made of the various routes that the county council financially support.
There are eight buses each hour between Northam, where I live, and Barnstaple, and seldom between 9.30am and 3.30pm are there 10 passengers on a bus.
You may also want to watch:
Substantial carbon emission reductions may also result.
I shall be pleased to hear what my aged friends think about my proposals.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Fred Lush, Northam.