Bus collides with wall and car
Newport Road blocked following early morning incident.
A BUS collided with a wall and came to rest on the back of a parked car in a Barnstaple street this morning (Thursday).
The single-decker Stagecoach bus was thought to have been carrying three passengers when it was involved in an incident with a blue BMW 3 Series and a stationary black Audi in Newport Road at around 7am.
Resident Tina Squire, whose front wall and gatepost was also partially destroyed in the collision, said she heard a loud bang before dashing out of her home to check for casualties.
“We heard a really loud bang and my son looked out of the window and saw the bus on the back of our car,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“The lamp post was wobbling like crazy and half of our front wall had been completely taken out.
“Luckily no-one was hurt – there were a few people on the bus but they were all fine, just a bit shaken.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
“It was lucky that it happened at the time of day it did – any later and there could have been youngsters walking up the road going to nursery.”
Police confirmed that there were no causalities and that the driver of the BMW had been reported for driving without due care and attention.
The road was closed to traffic to enable recovery teams to remove the vehicles but it has since re-opened.