Burst pipe closes road in Barnstaple
Abbey Road in Barnstaple likely to remain closed for most of the day.
A BURST water pipe in Barnstaple has closed Abbey Road in both directions today (Tues).
The road is closed from Under Minnow Road junction and Pathfield Lawn junction.
The primary schools can be accessed via Fair View.
A spokesman for South West Water said: “We are making urgent repairs to an eight inch water pipe in Abbey Road, Barnstaple, which has split.
You may also want to watch:
“The road is likely to remain closed for the rest of day while we make repairs as quickly as possible.
“No customers are currently out of water but a very small number will be affected when the new pipe is installed.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
“We would like to thank our customers for their patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”