Burst pipe closes road in Barnstaple
Abbey Road in Barnstaple likely to remain closed for most of the day.
A BURST water pipe in Barnstaple has closed Abbey Road in both directions today (Tues).
The road is closed from Under Minnow Road junction and Pathfield Lawn junction.
The primary schools can be accessed via Fair View.
A spokesman for South West Water said: “We are making urgent repairs to an eight inch water pipe in Abbey Road, Barnstaple, which has split.
You may also want to watch:
“The road is likely to remain closed for the rest of day while we make repairs as quickly as possible.
“No customers are currently out of water but a very small number will be affected when the new pipe is installed.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple
“We would like to thank our customers for their patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”