Burst pipe closes road in Barnstaple
Abbey Road in Barnstaple likely to remain closed for most of the day.
A BURST water pipe in Barnstaple has closed Abbey Road in both directions today (Tues).
The road is closed from Under Minnow Road junction and Pathfield Lawn junction.
The primary schools can be accessed via Fair View.
A spokesman for South West Water said: “We are making urgent repairs to an eight inch water pipe in Abbey Road, Barnstaple, which has split.
“The road is likely to remain closed for the rest of day while we make repairs as quickly as possible.
“No customers are currently out of water but a very small number will be affected when the new pipe is installed.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
“We would like to thank our customers for their patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”