Burst pipe closes main road in Braunton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Traffic is building as the main road into Braunton remains closed.
A BURST water pipe has caused traffic chaos after flooding the A361 in Braunton.
The pipe was reported to have burst outside the William’s Arms pub on the A361 at around 1.20pm.
Police have closed the road and traffic is building in the area as it approaches the school run.
South West Water was called to the scene and arrived at 2.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
Engineers are working to stem the flow and put traffic control measures in place.
The road remains closed. Check back for more information as we have it.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
Have you seen the flood? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet them to @Northdevon24 or submit them iwitness24 by visiting http://eastnorthdevon.iwitness24.co.uk/