Burglars target North Devon pubs
PUB landlords are being asked to check their security arrangements following two burglaries on licensed premises in North Devon. The Glove Inn at Beaford was broken into at some time between 10pm on Sunday and 9am yesterday (Monday). Access was gained t
PUB landlords are being asked to check their security arrangements following two burglaries on licensed premises in North Devon.
The Globe Inn at Beaford was broken into at some time between 10pm on Sunday and 9am yesterday (Monday).
Access was gained to the bar area where lots of loose change, including collections for Christmas and the air ambulance was stolen. The estimated value is put at �800.
Bottles of Gordons Gin, Smirnoff Vodka and Bells Whisky, valued together at �150, were also taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police said a similar incident took place on the same night at the Barnstaple Inn, South Molton. A possible link between the two crimes is still being investigated.
A police spokesman said pub landlords and owners of other small businesses should ensure their properties were as secure as possible to deter thieves.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
If you noticed anyone acting suspiciously in the area of the pubs around the time of the burglaries or saw any vehicles in the area which seemed out of place, give the police a call on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference CT/09/555.