Burglars target North Devon pubs
PUB landlords are being asked to check their security arrangements following two burglaries on licensed premises in North Devon. The Glove Inn at Beaford was broken into at some time between 10pm on Sunday and 9am yesterday (Monday). Access was gained t
PUB landlords are being asked to check their security arrangements following two burglaries on licensed premises in North Devon.
The Globe Inn at Beaford was broken into at some time between 10pm on Sunday and 9am yesterday (Monday).
Access was gained to the bar area where lots of loose change, including collections for Christmas and the air ambulance was stolen. The estimated value is put at �800.
Bottles of Gordons Gin, Smirnoff Vodka and Bells Whisky, valued together at �150, were also taken.
You may also want to watch:
Police said a similar incident took place on the same night at the Barnstaple Inn, South Molton. A possible link between the two crimes is still being investigated.
A police spokesman said pub landlords and owners of other small businesses should ensure their properties were as secure as possible to deter thieves.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
If you noticed anyone acting suspiciously in the area of the pubs around the time of the burglaries or saw any vehicles in the area which seemed out of place, give the police a call on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference CT/09/555.