Burglars strike seven times in one week
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe residents warned to lock doors and windows when going out after several fall prey to opportunist thieves.
PEOPLE in Ilfracombe have been reminded to lock up when they go out after several opportunist burglaries in the town.
Seven took place in just one week from July 18-25, but police said in several cases doors and windows had been left unsecured, enabling the thieves to get in.
Items stolen have included laptops, Play Station consoles and cash.
Acting Sergeant David Thubron said the crimes were not being treated as a series, but urged householders to be vigilant: “Please remember if you’re going out to close your doors and windows, especially during the hot weather,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It almost invites opportunist thieves to take advantage. Please make sure you don’t leave your car keys near front doors or windows either.”
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 9 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment