Burglars strike seven times in one week
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe residents warned to lock doors and windows when going out after several fall prey to opportunist thieves.
PEOPLE in Ilfracombe have been reminded to lock up when they go out after several opportunist burglaries in the town.
Seven took place in just one week from July 18-25, but police said in several cases doors and windows had been left unsecured, enabling the thieves to get in.
Items stolen have included laptops, Play Station consoles and cash.
Acting Sergeant David Thubron said the crimes were not being treated as a series, but urged householders to be vigilant: “Please remember if you’re going out to close your doors and windows, especially during the hot weather,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It almost invites opportunist thieves to take advantage. Please make sure you don’t leave your car keys near front doors or windows either.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial