Burglars strike at two pubs in one night
- Credit: Archant
Cash and computers taken during rural raids on Friday night.
TWO rural pubs were broken into on Friday night.
Cash and computers were taken during the overnight raids at the London Inn at Molland and The Swan at Bampton.
Around £1,700 was taken from the London Inn, £300 of which was Irish and Scottish tender.
An unusual brown Toshiba laptop computer with a ‘serviced in Mwanza’ sticker, and an iMac with several keys missing were also taken.
You may also want to watch:
An unknown quantity of cash was taken from The Swan.
Police said they were particularly keen to speak with any shopkeepers offered Irish or Scottish notes.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
PC Nick Rowell said officers were investigating the possibility the two break-ins were linked: “We would ask anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time to please get in touch,” he said.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Police on 101 or alternatively Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CS/13/467 or KT/13/1695.