Burglars strike at two pubs in one night
- Credit: Archant
Cash and computers taken during rural raids on Friday night.
TWO rural pubs were broken into on Friday night.
Cash and computers were taken during the overnight raids at the London Inn at Molland and The Swan at Bampton.
Around £1,700 was taken from the London Inn, £300 of which was Irish and Scottish tender.
An unusual brown Toshiba laptop computer with a ‘serviced in Mwanza’ sticker, and an iMac with several keys missing were also taken.
You may also want to watch:
An unknown quantity of cash was taken from The Swan.
Police said they were particularly keen to speak with any shopkeepers offered Irish or Scottish notes.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
PC Nick Rowell said officers were investigating the possibility the two break-ins were linked: “We would ask anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time to please get in touch,” he said.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Police on 101 or alternatively Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CS/13/467 or KT/13/1695.