Burger man’s spooky light bulb find
Scorch mark was an ‘omen’ for McDonald’s restaurant owner
A MCDONALD’S restaurant owner had a bizarre “light bulb moment” while changing a light fitting at his North Devon home.
David Hunt, who owns five burger outlets in Devon and Somerset, is never far from the golden arches of the fast food giant. But when replacing a light bulb at his family home in Marwood, he was amazed to discover the broken filament had scorched a giant “M” on the top of the blown bulb.
“As I unscrewed the bulb I noticed the shape of the scorch mark on the top of the bulb,” said Mr Hunt, 53.
“It was a bit spooky; of all the letters in the alphabet it could have been, it had to be that one.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hunt said he thought the scorch mark was an “omen”.
“I think it was a good sign as it happened on the very same day that I decided to close one of my Barnstaple restaurants for two weeks for a major refurbishment,” he said.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton