Burger man’s spooky light bulb find
Scorch mark was an ‘omen’ for McDonald’s restaurant owner
A MCDONALD’S restaurant owner had a bizarre “light bulb moment” while changing a light fitting at his North Devon home.
David Hunt, who owns five burger outlets in Devon and Somerset, is never far from the golden arches of the fast food giant. But when replacing a light bulb at his family home in Marwood, he was amazed to discover the broken filament had scorched a giant “M” on the top of the blown bulb.
“As I unscrewed the bulb I noticed the shape of the scorch mark on the top of the bulb,” said Mr Hunt, 53.
“It was a bit spooky; of all the letters in the alphabet it could have been, it had to be that one.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hunt said he thought the scorch mark was an “omen”.
“I think it was a good sign as it happened on the very same day that I decided to close one of my Barnstaple restaurants for two weeks for a major refurbishment,” he said.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level