Burger man’s spooky light bulb find
Scorch mark was an ‘omen’ for McDonald’s restaurant owner
A MCDONALD’S restaurant owner had a bizarre “light bulb moment” while changing a light fitting at his North Devon home.
David Hunt, who owns five burger outlets in Devon and Somerset, is never far from the golden arches of the fast food giant. But when replacing a light bulb at his family home in Marwood, he was amazed to discover the broken filament had scorched a giant “M” on the top of the blown bulb.
“As I unscrewed the bulb I noticed the shape of the scorch mark on the top of the bulb,” said Mr Hunt, 53.
“It was a bit spooky; of all the letters in the alphabet it could have been, it had to be that one.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hunt said he thought the scorch mark was an “omen”.
“I think it was a good sign as it happened on the very same day that I decided to close one of my Barnstaple restaurants for two weeks for a major refurbishment,” he said.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton