Building evacuated after tumble dryer fire

Fire crews were scrambled to the incident in Ilfracombe this morning.

FIRE CREWS attended a fire in Ilfracombe this morning (Weds) after reports of a tumble dryer on fire.

When the two fire engines arrived at La Bastille around 10.15am, all occupants had been evacuated from the building.

The crews discovered the small fire in the living room of a privately owners ground floor flat, and extinguished it using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet.

No one was involved or injured during the incident and after ventilating the property of smoke, duty of care was left with the occupants.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter