Builder’s merchants raise thousands for charity
The money will go towards helping those affected by cancer.
A BUILDERS’ merchants in North Devon has raised more than �2,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The company held a raffle and auction at a charity golf day at Woodbury Park and nominated the charity as it had supported staff members affected by cancer.
Colin Worth, RGB chairman, said: “RGB is delighted to have raised this money for Macmillan and would like to say a special thank you to our valued customers and suppliers who attended the Gold Day in July for their kind generosity.”
Sian Harris, local fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support said: “We are so grateful for the support we have received from RGB.
You may also want to watch:
“We are totally reliant upon voluntary donations as we receive no government funding.
“The money raised at the event will really make a difference to local people affected by cancer.’
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
“We support local people affected by cancer by providing medical support through our nurses and health professionals, but also practical support in the form of Welfare and Benefits advisors within the Citizen’s Advice Bureau, who are helping to make claims for people affected by cancer.”