Builder’s merchants raise thousands for charity
The money will go towards helping those affected by cancer.
A BUILDERS’ merchants in North Devon has raised more than �2,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The company held a raffle and auction at a charity golf day at Woodbury Park and nominated the charity as it had supported staff members affected by cancer.
Colin Worth, RGB chairman, said: “RGB is delighted to have raised this money for Macmillan and would like to say a special thank you to our valued customers and suppliers who attended the Gold Day in July for their kind generosity.”
Sian Harris, local fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support said: “We are so grateful for the support we have received from RGB.
You may also want to watch:
“We are totally reliant upon voluntary donations as we receive no government funding.
“The money raised at the event will really make a difference to local people affected by cancer.’
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
“We support local people affected by cancer by providing medical support through our nurses and health professionals, but also practical support in the form of Welfare and Benefits advisors within the Citizen’s Advice Bureau, who are helping to make claims for people affected by cancer.”