Builder’s merchants raise thousands for charity
The money will go towards helping those affected by cancer.
A BUILDERS’ merchants in North Devon has raised more than �2,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The company held a raffle and auction at a charity golf day at Woodbury Park and nominated the charity as it had supported staff members affected by cancer.
Colin Worth, RGB chairman, said: “RGB is delighted to have raised this money for Macmillan and would like to say a special thank you to our valued customers and suppliers who attended the Gold Day in July for their kind generosity.”
Sian Harris, local fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support said: “We are so grateful for the support we have received from RGB.
You may also want to watch:
“We are totally reliant upon voluntary donations as we receive no government funding.
“The money raised at the event will really make a difference to local people affected by cancer.’
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
“We support local people affected by cancer by providing medical support through our nurses and health professionals, but also practical support in the form of Welfare and Benefits advisors within the Citizen’s Advice Bureau, who are helping to make claims for people affected by cancer.”