Brush up on employment law at Barnstaple seminar
Free event will advise firms of new changes to legislation
LOCAL businesses are invited to attend a free seminar about important changes to employment and health and safety laws.
The event, taking place at the Barnstaple Hotel next Thursday from 9.30am to 12.45pm, is being hosted by employment law firm Peninsula.
Latest figures show employment tribunal claims rose by 56 per cent last year. In addition, research highlighted that 76 per cent of UK employers were not competent in all aspects of employment law.
The Peninsula seminar will advise employers on the best way to implement the new Equality Act legislation within their business while providing practical advice and guidance.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Done, managing director of Peninsula, said: “Employers are wasting a lot of valuable time dealing with red tape, which is affecting their performance as a business because they cannot fully focus on their core competencies. “The seminar will advise employers on how to cut through the minefield and avoid being prosecuted, saving time and money.”
To confirm attendance telephone the Peninsula seminar team on 0161 834 2771.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival