Brush up on employment law at Barnstaple seminar
Free event will advise firms of new changes to legislation
LOCAL businesses are invited to attend a free seminar about important changes to employment and health and safety laws.
The event, taking place at the Barnstaple Hotel next Thursday from 9.30am to 12.45pm, is being hosted by employment law firm Peninsula.
Latest figures show employment tribunal claims rose by 56 per cent last year. In addition, research highlighted that 76 per cent of UK employers were not competent in all aspects of employment law.
The Peninsula seminar will advise employers on the best way to implement the new Equality Act legislation within their business while providing practical advice and guidance.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Done, managing director of Peninsula, said: “Employers are wasting a lot of valuable time dealing with red tape, which is affecting their performance as a business because they cannot fully focus on their core competencies. “The seminar will advise employers on how to cut through the minefield and avoid being prosecuted, saving time and money.”
To confirm attendance telephone the Peninsula seminar team on 0161 834 2771.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford