Brothers take on Three Peaks for the Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Ivan and Paul Howell hope to raise £2,500 during their 9,0000 feet combined climb.
BROTHERS Ivan and Paul Howell and seven friends are to take on the infamous Three Peaks Challenge and a total climb of more than 9,000 feet for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
The team are heading for Wales on Saturday, May 25, when they will climb the 3,559 foot high Mount Snowdon in the north, Cadair Idris in mid Wales (2,929 ft) and Pen y Fan in the south (2,906ft).
“Last year my brother Paul and I saw our dad having chemotherapy for prostate cancer,” said Ivan.
“Thankfully the treatment has now finished and he is feeling better. We decided to thank the staff at North Devon District Hospital who helped dad by setting ourselves a challenge to raise funds for the new chemotherapy unit.”
You may also want to watch:
The team members, who live in Bideford, Basingstoke and Wales, aim to climb all three peaks in 14 hours. But ultimately they would be happy just to finish.
Paul, from Bideford, added: “We would appreciate any help from businesses and individuals to enable us to reach our target of £2,500.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 10 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
“It really is a worthy cause. Prostate cancer is so common, and luckily treatable. So please dig deep and support us.”
You can sponsor Ivan and Paul by texting MICK93 and the amount you wish to donate ie ‘£5’ to 70070 or by going to www.justgiving.com/3PeaksMikeHowell.