Britannia Co-Operative bank to close in Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Co-Operative announce the branch on Bideford Quay is set to close early next year.
THE Co-Operative Bank has announced its Bideford branch will close early next year.
The Britannia Co-Operative bank on the Quay is one of the branches to close in the bank’s national re-capitalisation plan.
The Co-Operative is aiming to rationalise its branch network by at least 15 per cent by the end of 2014.
Heather Lauder, customer and distribution director for the Co-Operative Bank said: “This decision has not been taken lightly and we appreciate that the closure of our Bideford branch is disappointing.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to supporting impacted customers and colleagues and will be keeping them fully informed throughout these changes.
“As we re-focus our business we will be investing in self-service and digital channels in order to provide our customers with new ways to service their accounts.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
“We remain focused on providing our highest levels of service and customers with our Bideford branch will be contacted directly prior to the closure with further details about alternative channels they can use to service their accounts.”
It is unknown how many staff will lose their jobs in the closure as consultations are ongoing.
A spokesman for the Co-Operative group confirmed the Barnstaple branch was not effected.