'Bright smiling faces' impress Northam school inspectors
EDUCATION inspectors have been bowled over by the bright, smiling faces at a Northam school. St George s Infant and Nursery School is a happy and harmonious school where pupils make good progress, according to its latest Ofsted report. The report found
EDUCATION inspectors have been bowled over by the "bright, smiling faces" at a Northam school.
St George's Infant and Nursery School is a happy and harmonious school where pupils make good progress, according to its latest Ofsted report.
The report found that pupils work hard and achieve well and that the school had good links with the local community and a very strong sense of teamwork.
It also praised the Christian ethos of the school which, it says, "shines through in the care and thoughtfulness pupils show towards one another".
You may also want to watch:
"The pupils, judging by their bright, smiling faces, really enjoy their learning," said inspector Christine Huard.
"Pupils achieve well because teaching is good. There is a robust monitoring programme and the school has secure evidence to show that actions have been taken to address any weakness.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
"Teachers plan well together and this ensures that there is good continuity across year groups."
Head teacher Babs Johnson said: "We are really pleased with Ofsted's findings, which recognise the good practice within the school and the real teamwork that is a feature of St George's, as well as our commitment to giving children a happy, varied and rewarding learning experience.
"Our strengths are testament to the school staff, governors, parents and of course the children, and we are naturally delighted with this positive report.