Bright new playroom for young hospital patients
- Credit: Archant
Care for Kids helps transform the play area at North Devon District Hospital.
A playroom at North Devon District Hospital has been given a bright new look thanks to Care for Kids North Devon.
The charity has transformed the play area on the Caroline Thorpe Ward with a colourful beach hut, bespoke fun cupboards, and Punch and Judy reading corner.
It was officially opened by local writer and television presenter Martin Dorey, the charity’s new patron, on Wednesday to coincide with the charity’s fifth anniversary.
Jacky Massos, of Care for Kids, said: “The playroom cupboards have been funded by the charity and took lots of design and planning.
You may also want to watch:
“They provide valuable storage space and have given a positive lift to the playroom environment for the children, families and staff using the facilities.
“Big thank-you to Laura Chittock for her designs, and Watts Bros for taking on the project for us.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
For more information about Care for Kids North Devon, visit www.careforkidsnorthdevon.org.uk