BREAKING NEWS...Motorcyclist killed in South Molton A399 crash
A MOTORCYCLIST has died following an accident on the North Devon Link Road, near South Molton, earlier this afternoon (Friday). The 43-year-old man, riding a red Honda bike, has not yet been named by police. He is the second biker to be killed on North De
A MOTORCYCLIST has died following an accident on the North Devon Link Road, near South Molton, earlier this afternoon (Friday).
The 43-year-old man, not yet been named by police although not thought to be local, was riding a red Honda bike. He is the second biker to be killed on North Devon's roads in the last nine days.
Police and paramedics were called to the scene of the accident - on the A399, about half a mile south of the Newtown Bridge - at around 1.50pm.
A white van was also at the scene although at this stage, it is unclear if it was involved in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police said that the road was closed and would remain shut for several hours. Diversions are in place from Brayford, Blackmore Gate and Aller Cross and drivers are asked to avoid the area.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up