BREAKING NEWS...Motorcyclist killed in South Molton A399 crash
A MOTORCYCLIST has died following an accident on the North Devon Link Road, near South Molton, earlier this afternoon (Friday). The 43-year-old man, riding a red Honda bike, has not yet been named by police. He is the second biker to be killed on North De
A MOTORCYCLIST has died following an accident on the North Devon Link Road, near South Molton, earlier this afternoon (Friday).
The 43-year-old man, not yet been named by police although not thought to be local, was riding a red Honda bike. He is the second biker to be killed on North Devon's roads in the last nine days.
Police and paramedics were called to the scene of the accident - on the A399, about half a mile south of the Newtown Bridge - at around 1.50pm.
A white van was also at the scene although at this stage, it is unclear if it was involved in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police said that the road was closed and would remain shut for several hours. Diversions are in place from Brayford, Blackmore Gate and Aller Cross and drivers are asked to avoid the area.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman