BREAKING NEWS...Motorcyclist killed in South Molton A399 crash
A MOTORCYCLIST has died following an accident on the North Devon Link Road, near South Molton, earlier this afternoon (Friday). The 43-year-old man, riding a red Honda bike, has not yet been named by police. He is the second biker to be killed on North De
A MOTORCYCLIST has died following an accident on the North Devon Link Road, near South Molton, earlier this afternoon (Friday).
The 43-year-old man, not yet been named by police although not thought to be local, was riding a red Honda bike. He is the second biker to be killed on North Devon's roads in the last nine days.
Police and paramedics were called to the scene of the accident - on the A399, about half a mile south of the Newtown Bridge - at around 1.50pm.
A white van was also at the scene although at this stage, it is unclear if it was involved in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Police said that the road was closed and would remain shut for several hours. Diversions are in place from Brayford, Blackmore Gate and Aller Cross and drivers are asked to avoid the area.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 9 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'