Breaking news: Link Road closed after accident
An accident involving a vehicle carrying oxy-acetylene cylinders has forced the closure of the North Devon Link Road between Bideford and Barnstaple.
COMMUTERS are being held up this morning (Wednesday) as the North Devon Link Road between Bideford and Barnstaple is closed following a road accident.
The incident near the Westleigh picnic area at around 8.25am involved a Transit van carrying oxy-acetylene cylinders and police have imposed a 200 metre safety cordon around the vehicle.
Traffic has been stopped at the Roundswell roundabout in Barnstaple and at the end of the Torridge bridge in Bideford, with diversions being set up.
A police spokesman said that no-one had been injured in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
But the road closure would remain in place until an assessment of the situation had been carried out by the fire and rescue service.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon