Breaking news: Link Road closed after accident
An accident involving a vehicle carrying oxy-acetylene cylinders has forced the closure of the North Devon Link Road between Bideford and Barnstaple.
COMMUTERS are being held up this morning (Wednesday) as the North Devon Link Road between Bideford and Barnstaple is closed following a road accident.
The incident near the Westleigh picnic area at around 8.25am involved a Transit van carrying oxy-acetylene cylinders and police have imposed a 200 metre safety cordon around the vehicle.
Traffic has been stopped at the Roundswell roundabout in Barnstaple and at the end of the Torridge bridge in Bideford, with diversions being set up.
A police spokesman said that no-one had been injured in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
But the road closure would remain in place until an assessment of the situation had been carried out by the fire and rescue service.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon