BREAKING NEWS: Jack Johnson and Ben Howard to headline brand new North Devon festival
- Credit: Archant
New five-day Somersault festival will be held at Castle Hill Estate in Filleigh this summer.
WORLD renowned recording artist Jack Johnson will be making his only UK festival appearance this year at a brand new festival being held in North Devon.
The musician, surfer and campaigner will be joined in the line up by Ben Howard at the Somersault Festival on July 17-21 at Castle Hill Estate, Filleigh.
And more acts are due to be announced for the five-day ‘summer camp reimagined’ with music, adventure and outdoor living taking centre stage.
With six studio albums and two live albums under his belt, Johnson has sold 20 million copies worldwide and is Somersault’s first patron.
You may also want to watch:
He’ll be headlining the Saturday and said: “I love the UK. I love surfing. So playing a show in the South West is the perfect situation. Somersault sounds like the perfect festival.”
BRIT Award winner Ben Howard will be returning to his South West roots to headline the Sunday.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 9 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Johnson added: “I love Ben Howard’s music. We have done one show together in the past at the Eden Project.
“But I’m hoping we can start doing more shows together. I have been listening to his album a lot lately.”
The surprise news of the festival was officially announced this morning (Tuesday).
Tim Harvey and John Empson, Somersault festival organisers, said: “We wanted to offer a completely new kind of summer festival experience – a five day summer camp that allows people to break out into the surrounding landscape and no longer be hemmed in to one event site.
“It’s been a painstaking planning process but we are delighted to announce two world-class headliners in our inaugural year both of whom supported the concept right from the start.
“There’s an amazing line-up of support artists still to announce and we can’t wait to see the theatre, food and arts programme unfold over the next few months.
“We hope this will prove a landmark new show for the region that adds something special to the amazing range of activities already taking place across Cornwall and Devon each summer.”
Somersault Festival’s nominated charity is Surfers Against Sewage. Limited super early bird tickets cost £39.50 for a day or £99.50 for a weekend.
For full ticket details and more info visit www.somersaultfestival.com.