Breaking news: Flooding hits Braunton
Update: More pictures as afternoon deluge leaves village awash as flooding and surface water brings disruption.
HEAVY downpours this afternoon have left Braunton with flooding and severe surface water this evening (Thursday).
The A361 near Chivenor roundabout is currently underwater and water is still pouring off the fields.
Surface water is also pooling on Wrafton Road near Braunton Community College.
Motorists are warned to take care when attempting to drive through flood water.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon is currently under a yellow weather warning today and tomorrow (Fri) with more rain expected tomorrow.
* Have you seen any flooding? Let us know by emailing us your photos to email@example.com
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 10 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
* Click on the gallery to the top right of this story to see more pictures.