Breaking news: Flooding hits Braunton
Update: More pictures as afternoon deluge leaves village awash as flooding and surface water brings disruption.
HEAVY downpours this afternoon have left Braunton with flooding and severe surface water this evening (Thursday).
The A361 near Chivenor roundabout is currently underwater and water is still pouring off the fields.
Surface water is also pooling on Wrafton Road near Braunton Community College.
Motorists are warned to take care when attempting to drive through flood water.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon is currently under a yellow weather warning today and tomorrow (Fri) with more rain expected tomorrow.
* Have you seen any flooding? Let us know by emailing us your photos to email@example.com
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
* Click on the gallery to the top right of this story to see more pictures.