Breaking news: Firefighters battle Bideford blaze
Crews still working to isolate fire at semi-detached home.
FIREFIGHTERS are currently tackling a house fire in East-the-Water, Bideford.
Seven appliances have been scrambled to fight flames emanating from the roof of a semi-detached house in Old Barnstaple Road.
Three fire engines from Bideford, Appledore and Torrington were sent to reports of fire within the roof space of the house just after 3pm.
Four further fire engines were sent from Barnstaple, Hartland and Hatherleigh, as well as an incident command unit from Ilfracombe and an aerial platform and water foam carrier from Barnstaple.
A further two fire engines from Braunton and Okehamptom were called to assist at 4.45pm, as well as a building officer from the council.
A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said crews were controlling the fire with foam and water to prevent the spread of flames.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 6 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 7 How your legacy can make a difference to our future
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
- 10 Prize photography competition open for entries
No one is thought to have been in the property at the time and no injuries have been reported.
Investigators are looking at a number of possible causes, including a bonfire.
Check back for more details as soon as we have them.