Breaking news: Firefighters battle Bideford blaze
Crews still working to isolate fire at semi-detached home.
FIREFIGHTERS are currently tackling a house fire in East-the-Water, Bideford.
Seven appliances have been scrambled to fight flames emanating from the roof of a semi-detached house in Old Barnstaple Road.
Three fire engines from Bideford, Appledore and Torrington were sent to reports of fire within the roof space of the house just after 3pm.
Four further fire engines were sent from Barnstaple, Hartland and Hatherleigh, as well as an incident command unit from Ilfracombe and an aerial platform and water foam carrier from Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
A further two fire engines from Braunton and Okehamptom were called to assist at 4.45pm, as well as a building officer from the council.
A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said crews were controlling the fire with foam and water to prevent the spread of flames.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
No one is thought to have been in the property at the time and no injuries have been reported.
Investigators are looking at a number of possible causes, including a bonfire.
Check back for more details as soon as we have them.