BREAKING NEWS: Body found in Bideford chapel
Police investigate grisly find in abandoned East-the-Water cemetery chapel
A BADLY decomposed body was discovered in disused Bideford chapel yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).
The body, thought to be that of an elderly man, was found in an old building next to the Cornwall Farmers store in East-the-Water at around 3pm.
Workers from the store made the grisly find after investigating a smell coming from the adjoining cemetery chapel.
Initial reports suggest the man had been sleeping rough at the chapel for several years and even had his own key to the building.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the death but are not treating it as suspicious.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes