BREAKING NEWS: Body found in Bideford chapel
Police investigate grisly find in abandoned East-the-Water cemetery chapel
A BADLY decomposed body was discovered in disused Bideford chapel yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).
The body, thought to be that of an elderly man, was found in an old building next to the Cornwall Farmers store in East-the-Water at around 3pm.
Workers from the store made the grisly find after investigating a smell coming from the adjoining cemetery chapel.
Initial reports suggest the man had been sleeping rough at the chapel for several years and even had his own key to the building.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the death but are not treating it as suspicious.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising