BREAKING NEWS: Body found in Bideford chapel
Police investigate grisly find in abandoned East-the-Water cemetery chapel
A BADLY decomposed body was discovered in disused Bideford chapel yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).
The body, thought to be that of an elderly man, was found in an old building next to the Cornwall Farmers store in East-the-Water at around 3pm.
Workers from the store made the grisly find after investigating a smell coming from the adjoining cemetery chapel.
Initial reports suggest the man had been sleeping rough at the chapel for several years and even had his own key to the building.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the death but are not treating it as suspicious.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council