Breakfast event for North Devon Hospice
BREAKFAST is said to be the most important meal of the day and next month it will mean quite a lot to North Devon Hospice, too. Following the success of the area s first ever Big Breakfast event last year, the hospice fund-raising team is asking people in
BREAKFAST is said to be the most important meal of the day and next month it will mean quite a lot to North Devon Hospice, too.
Following the success of the area's first ever Big Breakfast event last year, the hospice fund-raising team is asking people in the community to support this year's event on the March 26, 27 and 28.
Gerard Fawcitt, from North Devon Hospice said: "The idea behind the Big Breakfast is that groups of friends, family, neighbours or colleagues get together to share the most important meal of the day.
"They then make a donation for how much they think their breakfast was worth. It couldn't be simpler! Your Big Breakfast could be at home, or you can team up with friends and hold it in your local village hall, sports club, staff room, pub or anywhere else you like.
You may also want to watch:
"Last year, we were so grateful for all the Big Breakfasts organised by individuals, schools, companies and social groups, including the Breakfast held here at the hospice which was wonderfully supported.
"It really was an inspiring community event across the whole of North Devon and so many people took the time and effort to ensure it was an event to remember."
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
Trimstone Manor Hotel and Pilton Bluecoat Junior School both hosted hugely successful Big Breakfasts last year and are already on board for this year's event - as is Torrington's Anne Tattersall who has had to move her event to a bigger location to meet demand.
"Last year we held our Big Breakfast in Taddiport Village Hall and we raised more than �700 by inviting the villagers to come along," she said.
"But this year, thanks to Phoebe Gibbs, we are going to hold it in the restaurant at The Big Sheep because it was so busy last time around."
It doesn't matter how big your Big Breakfast is, so long as you have fun when doing it.
"Whether you hold a Big Breakfast for 5 or 500 people, whether you have cereal and juice or a full-English, you will be supporting the vital work of North Devon Hospice," Gerard Fawcitt said.
"We rely on the generosity of the local community to provide our services."
If you are interested in running your own Big Breakfast, please contact the 'Breakfast Club' in North Devon Hospice's fundraising team on 01271 347224 for an application form or to chat about your ideas.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.northdevonhospice.org.uk and download an application form.