I would like to thank the very kind gentleman who helped me when my car broke down recently on Torrington Common.
Fortunately it was not raining, but it was a very cold day.
Because of the state of the battery, instead of the window closing when I pressed the button, it opened fully! I was so cold!
This gentleman very kindly used jump leads to provide enough power to close the window. Without his help I could have caught a very severe chill as I had to wait two hours for assistance.
I should have offered to buy him a hot drink from the snack wagon, but I was so cold I wasn’t thinking clearly.
You may also want to watch:
I would like him to know that I really did appreciate his kindness.
I say thank you again, young man!
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
God bless you.
Mary (name and address supplied)