Brave teddy bears wanted for Bideford parachute jump
- Credit: Archant
Teddies will don silk parachutes and jump from 60ft fireman’s ladder for Action for Children.
BRAVE bears are currently being recruited for a sponsored 60ft parachute jump at Bideford Bay Children’s Centre.
The sponsored event will take place at 1pm on March 29 and will see teddy bears don silk parachutes and float down to earth from a fireman’s ladder.
Money raised from the event will go to Action For Children, which runs the children’s centres in Bideford, Torridge and Barnstaple.
Helen Hallam, children’s services manager at Action for Children, said: “We’re very excited to host this new and unique event for local families to get outdoors and spend quality time together while raising money for charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hoping that brave bears of all shapes, types and sizes will want to take part, and we’re even holding special Teddy Training Days in our children’s centres on the run-up to the event.”
Parachutes will be provided for teddies and their cuddly friends and after the event, each toy will get a certificate of bravery.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
Helen Hallam added: “This really is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for all those brave bears out there – and it’s a great opportunity for children across the region to see their furry friends doing something courageous for charity.”
Entry at the event is free but all teddies must register in advance and raise a minimum of £5 to take part. To register call Bideford Bay Children’s Centre on 01237 425752.