Brave men wanted for charity Waxathon
- Credit: Archant
Two North Devon charities are looking to recruit an army of volunteers to get waxed for cash.
TWO local charities are looking to recruit brave male volunteers for a ‘Waxathon’ in Braunton this week.
POPSI and North Devon Precious Hearts (formerly North Devon Heart Babies) will be hosting the event at the Aggi on Friday at 8pm.
They are hoping to find an army of volunteers to be waxed in return for donations.
People can sign up in advance and get sponsored to take part, or turn up on the night where wax strips will be sold for donations.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be putting the wax on but then people can have the fun of ripping it off the volunteers themselves,” said Kay Adams, of NDPH.
“We’re hoping people will come down and have a laugh, and put on a brave face to help these two charities.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Nicola Cadogan, fundraising coordinator at POPSI, said the event would help raise vital funds for both charities.
“We help the Special Baby Care Unit at North Devon District Hospital and there is always new equipment they need,” she said.
Kay added: “The funds will be split equally – we’re hoping to use our share to provide a day out for the children we help, away from the hospitals and treatments.”
Julian Turner, owner of the Aggi, said he will be putting himself forward alongside the Aggi quiz master Loki.
He said: “It will certainly be a fun night – if not a little painful.”
Raffle tickets will be available on the night at £1 each with prizes such as family days out, a bottle of wine and meal vouchers.
To get involved email either Kay on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07854121055 or Nicola on email@example.com.