Braunton youngsters get aboard walking bus
A new walking bus has been set up for parents and children heading to Kingsacre Primary School in Braunton.
It was arranged by village PCSO Jo Carter, working with a road safety officer from Devon County Council and parents, to encourage a healthier way of getting to school.
The trial initiative will take place every Thursday to start with, setting off from Caen car park at 8.30am and it is hoped it will also help to reduce parking issues near the school as more families take part.
A �10 voucher donated by Tesco will be awarded to the child with the best behaviour and attendance on the “bus” each term.
If more Kingsacre families join the walking bus it is hoped to run it on other days of the week too. Call the school office on (01271) 815485.
You may also want to watch:
If parents from other Braunton schools would like to set up their own walking bus, contact PCSO Jo Carter at Braunton Police Station on (01271) 818220.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton