Braunton youngsters get aboard walking bus
A new walking bus has been set up for parents and children heading to Kingsacre Primary School in Braunton.
It was arranged by village PCSO Jo Carter, working with a road safety officer from Devon County Council and parents, to encourage a healthier way of getting to school.
The trial initiative will take place every Thursday to start with, setting off from Caen car park at 8.30am and it is hoped it will also help to reduce parking issues near the school as more families take part.
A �10 voucher donated by Tesco will be awarded to the child with the best behaviour and attendance on the “bus” each term.
If more Kingsacre families join the walking bus it is hoped to run it on other days of the week too. Call the school office on (01271) 815485.
If parents from other Braunton schools would like to set up their own walking bus, contact PCSO Jo Carter at Braunton Police Station on (01271) 818220.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 7 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 8 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 9 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 10 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?