Braunton youngsters get aboard walking bus
A new walking bus has been set up for parents and children heading to Kingsacre Primary School in Braunton.
It was arranged by village PCSO Jo Carter, working with a road safety officer from Devon County Council and parents, to encourage a healthier way of getting to school.
The trial initiative will take place every Thursday to start with, setting off from Caen car park at 8.30am and it is hoped it will also help to reduce parking issues near the school as more families take part.
A �10 voucher donated by Tesco will be awarded to the child with the best behaviour and attendance on the “bus” each term.
If more Kingsacre families join the walking bus it is hoped to run it on other days of the week too. Call the school office on (01271) 815485.
You may also want to watch:
If parents from other Braunton schools would like to set up their own walking bus, contact PCSO Jo Carter at Braunton Police Station on (01271) 818220.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival