Braunton Young Farmers to re-launch
BRAUNTON Young Farmers are to be re-born at the annual Braunton Fayre on Bank Holiday Monday. Sixteen years after the last Braunton YFC meeting a new generation of North Devon youngsters is to re-launch the club - with a group of members from the 80s and
BRAUNTON Young Farmers are to be re-born at the annual Braunton Fayre on Bank Holiday Monday.
Sixteen years after the last Braunton YFC meeting a new generation of North Devon youngsters is to re-launch the club -
with a group of members from the 80s and 90s leading the way.
Young farmers Clubs are an institution in rural areas and many life-long friendships were formed in the heyday of the Braunton club, to say nothing of a few marriages!
You may also want to watch:
The present day Young Farmers movement is open to anyone between the ages of 10 and 26, not just farmers, and is about far more than match making. There is a strong ethos of the development of life skills alongside the farming, countryside and social elements of the clubs.
The new club will be launching at the Braunton Fayre on Monday,
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
Potential new members can visit the Young Farmers tent adjacent to the main arena. Further details from Angela Andsell on 01271 850 261