Braunton Young Farmers to re-launch
BRAUNTON Young Farmers are to be re-born at the annual Braunton Fayre on Bank Holiday Monday. Sixteen years after the last Braunton YFC meeting a new generation of North Devon youngsters is to re-launch the club - with a group of members from the 80s and
BRAUNTON Young Farmers are to be re-born at the annual Braunton Fayre on Bank Holiday Monday.
Sixteen years after the last Braunton YFC meeting a new generation of North Devon youngsters is to re-launch the club -
with a group of members from the 80s and 90s leading the way.
Young farmers Clubs are an institution in rural areas and many life-long friendships were formed in the heyday of the Braunton club, to say nothing of a few marriages!
You may also want to watch:
The present day Young Farmers movement is open to anyone between the ages of 10 and 26, not just farmers, and is about far more than match making. There is a strong ethos of the development of life skills alongside the farming, countryside and social elements of the clubs.
The new club will be launching at the Braunton Fayre on Monday,
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 8 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
Potential new members can visit the Young Farmers tent adjacent to the main arena. Further details from Angela Andsell on 01271 850 261