Braunton wins silver
Investors in People gives a coveted silver status to Braunton Academy.
‘TEAM BRAUNTON Academy’ has shot to silver after scooping a prestigious Investors in People award.
An assessor visited the school in July and awarded the Academy with silver status for the level it has achieved through the business accreditation scheme.
The national scheme assesses how organisations work to manage and develop both their work force and their business.
Braunton Academy received the basic Investors in People award in 2010 after meeting the standard 39 requirements, but has gone on to bypass bronze and reach the silver in a relatively short time.
You may also want to watch:
Principal David Sharratt said they were delighted: “It recognises we believe in and have a clear strategy for development of all staff by providing them with support and training to continuously improve to give our students the very best learning experiences across the curriculum and beyond,” he said.
“In the spirit of the Olympics, we shall now go for the gold!”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home