Braunton wins silver
Investors in People gives a coveted silver status to Braunton Academy.
‘TEAM BRAUNTON Academy’ has shot to silver after scooping a prestigious Investors in People award.
An assessor visited the school in July and awarded the Academy with silver status for the level it has achieved through the business accreditation scheme.
The national scheme assesses how organisations work to manage and develop both their work force and their business.
Braunton Academy received the basic Investors in People award in 2010 after meeting the standard 39 requirements, but has gone on to bypass bronze and reach the silver in a relatively short time.
You may also want to watch:
Principal David Sharratt said they were delighted: “It recognises we believe in and have a clear strategy for development of all staff by providing them with support and training to continuously improve to give our students the very best learning experiences across the curriculum and beyond,” he said.
“In the spirit of the Olympics, we shall now go for the gold!”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021