Braunton wins silver
Investors in People gives a coveted silver status to Braunton Academy.
‘TEAM BRAUNTON Academy’ has shot to silver after scooping a prestigious Investors in People award.
An assessor visited the school in July and awarded the Academy with silver status for the level it has achieved through the business accreditation scheme.
The national scheme assesses how organisations work to manage and develop both their work force and their business.
Braunton Academy received the basic Investors in People award in 2010 after meeting the standard 39 requirements, but has gone on to bypass bronze and reach the silver in a relatively short time.
You may also want to watch:
Principal David Sharratt said they were delighted: “It recognises we believe in and have a clear strategy for development of all staff by providing them with support and training to continuously improve to give our students the very best learning experiences across the curriculum and beyond,” he said.
“In the spirit of the Olympics, we shall now go for the gold!”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI