Braunton Wheels on course for revved up return
THE first Braunton Wheels in five years is firing on all cylinders as organisers gear up to welcome a convoy of exhibitors to the village Recreation Ground on Sunday, July 25. The free celebration of everything wheeled has been revived by the Calvert Trus
THE first Braunton Wheels in five years is firing on all cylinders as organisers gear up to welcome a convoy of exhibitors to the village Recreation Ground on Sunday, July 25.
The free celebration of everything wheeled has been revived by the Calvert Trust Exmoor, which reports plenty of interest with a wide range of exhibits.
In the motorbike section there is a rare hand built Egli-Vincent and bikes from the forties to the present, while the oldest car so far is a 1934 Morris converted to a Hot Rod, plus Ford Lincoln Continentals, an Alfa Romeo Spider, an AC Cobra, a 1955 Jaguar, a 1965 Austin Healey and many more.
A Jackal patrol vehicle, as used by British troops in Afghanistan, is being taken along by RMB Chivenor, plus a BV tracked snow vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
There will be vintage tractors, ancient bicycles and tricycles, as well as display vehicles including the North Devon Movie Bus and the Road Safety Team.
It is not all wheels - there is something for all the family, with vintage fairground rides, a samba band, stalls, refreshments, face painting, a caricaturist, Captain Coconut and his Bubble Show, circus workshops and the Really Wild (Animal) Show.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
There may be time to submit entries. Call Rachel at the Calvert Trust on (01598 763221) or email email@example.com.