Braunton Wheels on course for revved up return
THE first Braunton Wheels in five years is firing on all cylinders as organisers gear up to welcome a convoy of exhibitors to the village Recreation Ground on Sunday, July 25. The free celebration of everything wheeled has been revived by the Calvert Trus
THE first Braunton Wheels in five years is firing on all cylinders as organisers gear up to welcome a convoy of exhibitors to the village Recreation Ground on Sunday, July 25.
The free celebration of everything wheeled has been revived by the Calvert Trust Exmoor, which reports plenty of interest with a wide range of exhibits.
In the motorbike section there is a rare hand built Egli-Vincent and bikes from the forties to the present, while the oldest car so far is a 1934 Morris converted to a Hot Rod, plus Ford Lincoln Continentals, an Alfa Romeo Spider, an AC Cobra, a 1955 Jaguar, a 1965 Austin Healey and many more.
A Jackal patrol vehicle, as used by British troops in Afghanistan, is being taken along by RMB Chivenor, plus a BV tracked snow vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
There will be vintage tractors, ancient bicycles and tricycles, as well as display vehicles including the North Devon Movie Bus and the Road Safety Team.
It is not all wheels - there is something for all the family, with vintage fairground rides, a samba band, stalls, refreshments, face painting, a caricaturist, Captain Coconut and his Bubble Show, circus workshops and the Really Wild (Animal) Show.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West
There may be time to submit entries. Call Rachel at the Calvert Trust on (01598 763221) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.