Braunton tug o’ war returns
- Credit: Archant
Don’t miss all the fun on Boxing day as the Black Horse and Aggi pubs go head to head in Church Street.
BRAUNTON’S Boxing Day tug o’ war is back on tomorrow (Thursday).
The annual festive heave to between the Black Horse and the Agricultural Inn pubs will once again take place outside the Black Horse in Church Street between 1-2pm.
Villagers and visitors are urged to turn out and cheer on their favourites as The Aggi bids to hold on to the title it snatched last year after three years without.
This year it is hoped to raise as much money as possible towards an emergency defibrillator for the village.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s event will be followed by ladies and children’s tug o’ war contests.
The annual stand off all began in the 1960s, originally between the Black Horse and the former New Inn, until that closed down and The Aggi stepped in.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes