Braunton to Ilfracombe road will get �500,000 improvements
A half a million pound scheme to repair the A361 near West Down is due to start on Monday, November 2. The one-and-a-half mile stretch from Hidden Valley Caravan Park to Dean Cross will be strengthened in places, and repairs and drainage improvements wil
A half a million pound scheme to repair the A361 near West Down is due to start on Monday, November 2.
The one-and-a-half mile stretch from Hidden Valley Caravan Park to Dean Cross will be strengthened in places, and repairs and drainage improvements will also be carried. As the existing road surface has been worn smooth, this section of road will be resurfaced to improve its skid resistance.
A 20 mph speed limit will be in place on that section of the Braunton to Ilfracombe road during the �520,000 works for the safety of the workforce. Motorists are asked to drive carefully and allow extra time for their journeys.
Councillor Andrea Davis, Devon County Councillor for Combe Martin Rural, said: "I have been pressing for action to improve this section of the road for some time and am delighted this work is to be undertaken next month.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a very busy road which should be much safer for motorist once the work is completed."
The work will be carried out by contractor Tarmac Ltd, and the material taken up as part of the scheme will be recycled and re-used on other road works in North Devon.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users