Braunton shed thefts on the rise
Police say ‘lock it or lose it’
POLICE in Braunton are advising people in the village to secure their sheds, outbuildings and garages following an increase in thefts in the area.
As part of their efforts to keep crime down, the neighbourhood police team is asking residents to think about home security.
“Although we are still one of the safest places to live in the country, we must never become too complacent,” urges Sgt Jeff Pearce.
“Over the last couple of weeks we have had push bikes stolen from garages that have been left unlocked.
You may also want to watch:
“Please keep sheds, garages and outbuildings secure.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety