Braunton’s Caen Medical Centre is outstanding
- Credit: Archant
Inspectors full of praise for local GP surgery and how it works with the community
Caen Medical Centre in Braunton has been rated as outstanding by health watchdogs.
The Care Quality Commission report of May 16 has ranked the practice as outstanding almost across the board in four of five categories, with one rated ‘good’.
Professor Steve Field, chief inspector of general practice for the CQC said: “I am delighted to highlight the exceptional service at Caen Medical Centre, people are entitled to services which provide safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care.”
The report highlighted how Caen worked closely with the community and had developed a ‘community hub’ for services to meet patients’ needs.
You may also want to watch:
It also engages with young people to raise awareness of services and even runs a clinic at Braunton Academy each week.
Practice manager Sue Bennett said they were delighted by the report: “It’s not just about me or the GPs, everyone who works out of the practice was involved and to be rated as outstanding is excellent.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal