Braunton Rotary's new president
PETER Kingdon, pictured, has been elected as the new president of The Rotary Club of Braunton. Now retired, Peter was in food manufacturing during his working life. During 15 years as a member of the Braunton club he has focused particularly on Rotary Int
PETER Kingdon, pictured, has been elected as the new president of The Rotary Club of Braunton.
Now retired, Peter was in food manufacturing during his working life.
During 15 years as a member of the Braunton club he has focused particularly on Rotary International projects.
Peter has also been actively involved in the work of the Leonard Cheshire charity, including being a chairman of the Braunton-based Westmead Cheshire home. He is currently an international vice-president of the Leonard Cheshire Disability charity.
His aims include assisting with Rotary International's goal of polio eradication throughout the world and, closer to home, he is keen to involve local schools with the activities that Rotary has to offer.
Peter thanked last year's president Gerry Jones for "a momentous year," including the attraction of new members and confirmed his intention to continue the drive for new members, in particular young professional men and women who feel that they could give the time and effort to support the Rotary aims.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 9 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
Anyone interested can contact the club via its website.