Braunton road works begin
- Credit: Archant
Delays expected as work to replace traffic lights get underway...
Traffic jams are expected as work begins today (Monday) to replace the traffic signals in The Square at Braunton.
Devon County Council is replacing the signals, poles and electrical systems, as it says they have reached the end of their serviceable life.
The scheme will take five weeks and temporary traffic signals will be in place, together with various road closures.
Vehicle access through the square from East Street will not be permitted while temporary lights are in place, and South Street will revert back to two way traffic from Velator Link to Granary Cott to enable the junction with Exeter Road to be closed.
You may also want to watch:
Surfacing will also be carried out between 7pm and 7am on the following dates: Wednesday, January 15 - Caen Street for four nights. Tuesday, January 21 - East Street for eight nights; A361 Exeter Road/Chaloners Road for nine nights under temporary lights with convoy vehicle and South, Heanton and East streets under night time road closures.
The work has been co-ordinated with Western Power Distribution Ltd, which will be upgrading some of its cables.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up