Braunton pupil to cut hair off for charity
- Credit: Archant
The 10-year-old will be donating her golden locks to charity while raising £500 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
A BRAVE 10-year-old girl who is chopping off her locks for charity will be donating her hair to help children with terminal illnesses.
Anna Gray, a year six pupil from Caen Primary School in Braunton, is donating around a foot of hair to the Little Princess Trust.
And in the run up to the big cut in the February half term, Anna has rallied around her friends and family and raisedaround £400 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
She said: “I had seen other people cut off their hair for charity in the newspaper and I wanted to give it a go too.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought it would be a nice thing to do for people who haven’t got hair.
“I am a bit nervous in case I don’t like it but at least I am lucky enough that my hair will grow back.”
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
Anna’s mum Jo said her daughter had been overwhelmed at the support she had received.
“I don’t think she expected to raise that much money,” she said.
“She is so selfless; we are just very proud of her for deciding to do this all by herself.”
Anna is hoping to reach a target of £500 through sponsorship forms and an online donation page.
To donate before Anna gets her hair cut in Azzurri in Braunton, visit her page at: http://www.justgiving.com/owner-email/pleasesponsor/Jo-Gray1