Braunton pupil to cut hair off for charity
- Credit: Archant
The 10-year-old will be donating her golden locks to charity while raising £500 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
A BRAVE 10-year-old girl who is chopping off her locks for charity will be donating her hair to help children with terminal illnesses.
Anna Gray, a year six pupil from Caen Primary School in Braunton, is donating around a foot of hair to the Little Princess Trust.
And in the run up to the big cut in the February half term, Anna has rallied around her friends and family and raisedaround £400 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
She said: “I had seen other people cut off their hair for charity in the newspaper and I wanted to give it a go too.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought it would be a nice thing to do for people who haven’t got hair.
“I am a bit nervous in case I don’t like it but at least I am lucky enough that my hair will grow back.”
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
Anna’s mum Jo said her daughter had been overwhelmed at the support she had received.
“I don’t think she expected to raise that much money,” she said.
“She is so selfless; we are just very proud of her for deciding to do this all by herself.”
Anna is hoping to reach a target of £500 through sponsorship forms and an online donation page.
To donate before Anna gets her hair cut in Azzurri in Braunton, visit her page at: http://www.justgiving.com/owner-email/pleasesponsor/Jo-Gray1