Braunton prepares for annual duck races
- Credit: Archant
The colourful rubber ducks will be seen bobbing along the River Caen on Bank Holiday Monday.
A strange sight will be seen bobbing along the River Caen on Monday at Braunton prepares for it’s annual St Brannock’s Duck Races.
An invasion of little rubber yellow ducks will descend upon the river in a bid to be crowned Duck of the Year.
The event starts at 12pm in St Brannock’s Churchyard with a wide range of stalls selling bric-a-brac, books, beverages and more as well as a tombola and the raffle.
There will also be pony rides and a bouncy castle, and refreshments in the form of cream teas in the Vicarage Garden and a riverside barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Marguerite Shapland on 01271 814082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 4 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 5 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 6 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year