Braunton prepares for annual duck races
- Credit: Archant
The colourful rubber ducks will be seen bobbing along the River Caen on Bank Holiday Monday.
A strange sight will be seen bobbing along the River Caen on Monday at Braunton prepares for it’s annual St Brannock’s Duck Races.
An invasion of little rubber yellow ducks will descend upon the river in a bid to be crowned Duck of the Year.
The event starts at 12pm in St Brannock’s Churchyard with a wide range of stalls selling bric-a-brac, books, beverages and more as well as a tombola and the raffle.
There will also be pony rides and a bouncy castle, and refreshments in the form of cream teas in the Vicarage Garden and a riverside barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Marguerite Shapland on 01271 814082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened