Braunton man to zip down Canadian mountain for British Heart Foundation
- Credit: Archant
Employers have kicked off the 70-year-old’s fundraising with a £2,000 donation.
A BRAUNTON man will be zipping his way down Whistler Mountain in Canada in aid of the British Heart Foundation in May.
Ian Mortimore-Jackonson, aged 70, is planning to undertake the challenge while visiting his family in Canada and has had a boost from his employers, Perrigo.
The Perrigo charitable foundation was so impressed with Ian’s ambition they have kicked off his fundraising with a £2,000 donation.
Ian chose the charity BHF because his wife Valerie has severe heart failure – a condition which affects more than 750,000 across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Owen Penney, fundraising manager for BHF Devon and Cornwall, said: “Living with severe heart failure is a constant fight for life.
“Every year, thousands more families have to watch the people they love struggle with the distressing symptoms. Until now, there has been no hope of a cure. No way to mend a broken heart.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
“But with recent advances in regenerative medicine, repairing a damaged heart is a realistic goal. Mending Broken Hearts is the most ambitious research programme we’ve ever carried out.
“We are delighted that Ian is taking on this challenge and wish him a wonderful and safe experience.
“We know this is very personal to him and hope that many of your readers will support and sponsor him with his quest.”
Anyone wishing to sponsor Ian can do so at www.virginmoneygiving.com/IanMortimore-Jackson.