Braunton motorcycle rider suffers life-changing injuries following two-vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
A Braunton motorcycle rider has suffered life-changing injuries after a collision involving an agricultural quad bike on Wednesday (May 27).
A 45-year-old male suffered serious head injuries and was airlifted to Derriford Hospital.
Police say shortly before 7.20pm, a two-vehicle road traffic collision happened outside Dean Farm, Goodleigh, Barnstaple, between a black Suzuki motorcycle and a red Honda agricultural quad bike.
The rider of the quad bike, a 73-year-old local male, was uninjured.
Local officers, as well as officers from the roads policing team and serious collision investigation team, attended the scene and, after a forensic investigation, the road was re-opened as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who may have seen the incident to come forward.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact the police on 101, quoting log number 784 of May 27, 2020.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 I lost eight stone and an extreme risk of diabetes