Braunton fire station appeal for retained fire fighters
- Credit: Archant
Anyone interested can drop into the station for more information on Thursday evenings.
BRAUNTON fire station is appealing for people to become retained fire fighters.
Anyone interested must live or work within five minutes of the station and provide a level of on call cover while at work or at home.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “You need to be over 18 and have a good level of fitness and strength, but sometimes people overestimate the levels required and this can deter them (particularly women) from applying.
“The Service will give people advice and help in preparing for both the written and practical assessments.
You may also want to watch:
“Equally living with a disability is not automatically a barrier to operational fire fighting; it depends on the nature of the disability. Once you are recruited full training is provided.”
Anyone interested can drop into Braunton Fire Station on Thursdays between 7pm and 9pm to find out more.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 8 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash