Braunton fire station appeal for retained fire fighters
- Credit: Archant
Anyone interested can drop into the station for more information on Thursday evenings.
BRAUNTON fire station is appealing for people to become retained fire fighters.
Anyone interested must live or work within five minutes of the station and provide a level of on call cover while at work or at home.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “You need to be over 18 and have a good level of fitness and strength, but sometimes people overestimate the levels required and this can deter them (particularly women) from applying.
“The Service will give people advice and help in preparing for both the written and practical assessments.
You may also want to watch:
“Equally living with a disability is not automatically a barrier to operational fire fighting; it depends on the nature of the disability. Once you are recruited full training is provided.”
Anyone interested can drop into Braunton Fire Station on Thursdays between 7pm and 9pm to find out more.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern