Braunton factory celebrates 125 years
- Credit: Archant
Perrigo treated more than 450 employees to a meal and gifts to celebrate the anniversary
EMPLOYEES of Perrigo in Braunton enjoyed a special meal and gifts on Friday to celebrate the company’s 125th anniversary.
The company, which manufactures pharmaceutical products, is one of the biggest employers in North Devon, employing more than 450 people.
Linda Norris, who has been working with the company for more than 20 years, said: “We are all very proud to be part of such a successful business and it’s great to see the company is taking time to mark an important event.”
The company has also established a charitable foundation to support healthcare and education initiatives that affect its own employees and the community.
You may also want to watch:
Russell Howard, managing director of the Braunton site, said: “As a company whose mission is to be a provider of quality affordable healthcare, it is important to us at Perrigo to support worthy causes in the local community.”
“As we look forward to the next 125 years we want to continue to make a positive difference.”
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
Perrigo began life in 1887 in Michigan, USA, packing generic home remedies and has facilities across the world.
The Braunton site, established in the early 1970s and acquired by Perrigo in 2001, became the first site owned by the company in the UK.