Braunton exhibition will detail links between church and village
THE skills and the history of Braunton will be revealed with the launch of a new three-day exhibition entitled Church and Community. The event runs from Wednesday of next week (September 16) until Friday and will be centred around St Brannock s Church and
THE skills and the history of Braunton will be revealed with the launch of a new three-day exhibition entitled Church and Community.
The event runs from Wednesday of next week (September 16) until Friday and will be centred around St Brannock's Church and nearby St Brannock's Rooms, with displays and demonstrations of present day crafts plus a wealth of information on the village of bygone days.
Across the three days there will be plenty to see. In the church there will be a display of paintings by local artists, with some works for sale.
Braunton of yesteryear will be featured in a display of old postcards of the village, dating from the beginning of the last century.
You may also want to watch:
The church has been a centre of Braunton life for centuries and there will be display of its history, while the church silver and vestments will be on show too, plus a collection of Royal commemorative china.
Both the church and St Brannock's Rooms will be open from 10.30am-4.30pm each day. Guides will be on hand at the church to answer questions and talk of the history of the ancient building, which will be looking especially bright and cheerful bedecked with a number of floral displays by the St Brannock's Flower Guild. Organist Martin Bosworth will give short recitals on Thursday and Friday.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
The "St Brannock's Coffee Shoppe" will be serving morning coffee, light lunches and afternoon teas throughout the three-day Church and Community event.