Braunton cream tea epic for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers have been busy putting together 153 cream teas for businesses in and around Braunton to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
The Braunton Fundraising Group organised the annual cream tea for the fourth year in a row, raising £580 this time around.
That will go towards the £10,000 the branch has already raised for the charity this year.
The group takes orders from surrounding business for cream teas and then delivers them on the day.
Chairman Alison Casey thanked everyone who had made it possible again this year, including Philip Dennis Foodservice for donating the cream, Savona for the jam and Reed Butchers in Braunton for sourcing the scones at cost from Bideford Bakery.
You may also want to watch:
Alison added: "Every penny spent by Cancer Research is raised by public donations and fundraising events.
"The local hospital and other hospitals in this area do clinical; trials and they are able to do that because of the money raised."
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council