Bratton Fleming man pleads guilty to drink driving charge
- Credit: Archant
44-year-old was four times over the limit and driving on the wrong side of the road
A MAN blocked a road in Bishops Tawton and drove the wrong way onto the North Devon Link Road while more than four times over the drink driving limit.
North Devon Magistrates’ Court heard Andrew Warboys, 44, of Bratton Fleming, had been swerving over the carriageway when police forced his car to stop on the A361 at Lake roundabout, at lunchtime on June 11.
On Friday Warboys pleaded guilty to a charge of driving while over the limit.
Lawrence Overend, for the defence, told the court that Warboys had ended a 16-year relationship the day before the incident and that he felt ‘ashamed and in disgrace’.
You may also want to watch:
Following an interview with the probation officer, the case was adjourned until July 26 for sentencing.
Warboys was granted unconditional bail until that date, and handed an interim driving ban of six months or until sentenced.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted